Frequently Asked Questions: Finance Canada's University Recruitment Campaign
Below are answers to some frequently asked questions regarding Finance Canada's University Recruitment Campaign.
More information is also available on the Recruitment Process page.
If you have questions that are not addressed below or elsewhere on our website, please send us an e-mail.
Online Application and Eligibility
- How do I apply? What is this year's application deadline?
- What are essential qualifications?
- I am graduating from a program that is not specified among the four specific target disciplines (economics, public policy/administration, international relations/studies, and finance). Am I eligible to apply for the Economist and Policy Analyst stream?
- What is required to achieve an "acceptable specialization in economics" for the Economist and Policy Analyst stream?
- What is the purpose of the Economist and Policy Analyst written assignment?
- What is the purpose of the Economist and Policy Analyst phone interviews?
- How do I know if my experience is relevant to Finance (Doctoral Researcher stream)?
- How do I choose which research document (Doctoral Researcher stream) to submit? Can I send multiple research documents?
- How are candidates for the Economist and Policy Analyst stream selected for Ottawa interviews?
Ottawa Interviews and Job Offers
- How will I learn whether I have been invited to an Ottawa interview? How will I be contacted?
- When and where do the interviews take place?
- What is the focus and format of the interviews?
- How many applicants do you get each year? How many do you plan on hiring this year?
- When are job offers made?
- When do most recruits start?