Archived - Using the Finance Canada FTP Site
To Download Budget Documents in HTML
Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
On your computer, make a directory into which the file(s) will be saved. (e.g. c:\download).
Click on the link to the Finance Canada FTP site located on the navigation bar of a publication in HTML. You will see a list of directories.
Double-click to open the required directory (budget2006).
Right-click on the link for budget06.exe.
Select Save Target As (Internet Explorer) or Save Link As (Netscape) from the drop-down menu.
Specify a local drive and directory into which the file should be saved (e.g. c:\download).
- Click on Save / OK to save the document.
Opening a file
- Open your word processor and select File-Open from the menu bar.
- In the list of "Files of Type" select the default "All files".
- Navigate through your local drives and directories to the required file.
- Double-click on the file name to open the file.
Saving a file
- Select File-Save As from the menu bar.
- Select the word processor native format (e.g. *.doc for MS Word; *.wpd for WordPerfect) from the "Save as File Type" drop-down menu.
- Click on Save/OK.