Archived - Minister of Finance Announces Appointment to PPP Canada Board of Directors
Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
June 2, 2015 – Ottawa, Ontario – Department of Finance
Finance Minister Joe Oliver today announced the appointment of John Beck to the Board of Directors of PPP Canada.
Mr. Beck is founder and Executive Chairman of Aecon Group Inc., a Canadian-based construction and infrastructure development company. Mr. Beck has more than 50 years of experience in the construction industry in Canada and internationally, including the development of public-private partnerships (P3s).
- The Government is committed to supporting investments in public infrastructure projects that contribute to economic growth, create jobs and support long-term prosperity.
- Through the renewed $1.25-billion P3 Canada Fund, the Government continues to support innovative infrastructure projects delivered through a P3 approach that provides better value for Canadians and develops the Canadian P3 market.
- The P3 Canada Fund is managed by PPP Canada, a Crown corporation responsible for advancing P3s through the provision of expert advice and support to all levels of government.
- PPP Canada’s mandate is to improve the delivery of public infrastructure by achieving better value, timeliness and accountability to taxpayers through P3s.
"Mr. Beck is an excellent candidate to sit on the Board of Directors of PPP Canada. He has extensive experience with public-private partnerships and is a leader in the Canadian construction industry. Our Government supports P3s because they utilize the expertise and innovation of the private sector in delivering public infrastructure projects, providing taxpayers with the world-class infrastructure assets they deserve."
- Joe Oliver, Minister of Finance
Director of Communications
Office of the Minister of Finance
Department of Finance
John M. Beck
John M. Beck is founder and Executive Chairman of Aecon Group Inc., a leader in the Canadian construction industry. Mr. Beck has more than 50 years of experience in the construction industry in Canada and internationally. His background includes corporate leadership in numerous construction activities including heavy civil, commercial and industrial projects, precast concrete manufacturing, and the development of public-private partnerships.
Mr. Beck is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Ontario Financing Authority as well as the Canadian Olympic Foundation. He is a member of the Advisory Council for the School of Public Policy at the University of Calgary and is also a member of the Canadian Council of Chief Executives.
Mr. Beck has also served as Chairman of the Board of the Ontario Power Authority and as a director of the Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships. He also sits on the Board of Directors of the Macdonald-Laurier Institute for Public Policy, a leading Ottawa-based think tank.